Move to Gtk3
Stuart Axon
2014-01-02 14:38:29 UTC
A heads up about possible breakage:
   I'm going to merge the Gtk3 branch fairly soon.

The main change to look out for is to make sure you have Gtk3 installed - if you use a virtualenv you will also need to add it to there:

# ln -sf /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/{gi} $VIRTUAL_ENV/lib/python2.7/site-packages

Hopefully, I'll get time to finish the work to get us working in cairocffi + Gtk3 shortly as well.

Gtk3 has the advantage of not being a dead technology, while cairocffi plays better with virtualenv.

S++
Stuart Axon

Stuart Axon

Ricardo Lafuente
2014-01-02 17:44:11 UTC
Wonderful news, I'll give this a try tonight.

So this means that Shoebot can now run inside a virtualenv?
Post by Stuart Axon
Right, fixed the typography issues I was having .. if anybody wants to
test the gtk3 branch, then feel free :)
S++
Well, found my first breakago, so might be a little while :)
S++
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:38 PM, Stuart Axon
Stuart Axon

Ricardo Lafuente
2014-01-03 01:57:14 UTC
This is great. I've run a few of the tests and they all run fine. I've
pasted the virtualenv docs on the github wiki for handier access.

My head has been on other places, so thanks guys for keeping this
project alive! I'm still a user though I've been mostly lurking wrt
development, but I'm here and happy to help if something's necessary.
Stuart Axon
2014-01-05 14:40:40 UTC
Well it's all good.   I want to transition to user, but keep finding things to fix :)   With any luck at some point I'll get enough working to get to the docs at some point in the future and we can fix those.

It's always encouraging that when I do some bits of work on shoebot everybody seems to pop back on the list and we make some more progress :)

S++

Post by Ricardo Lafuente
Unfortunately, Gtk3 + PyCairo still need a manual step to link the
right files into the virtualenv - but it is documented.
S++
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:44 PM, Ricardo Lafuente
    Wonderful news, I'll give this a try tonight.
    So this means that Shoebot can now run inside a virtualenv?
    > Right, fixed the typography issues I was having .. if
anybody
Post by Ricardo Lafuente

  wants to